Skip to content
Tips for a hassle-free Durban July
- Over 60 000 people converge on Greyville Racecourse on the day of the Durban July. You can avoid queues on the day by pre-booking as much as possible.
- Entrance tickets into Greyville go on sale in early June. They can be purchased at the Administration Office at Greyville Racecourse, 150 Avondale Road, Durban, during office hours. Tickets can be purchased on the day at Greyville but be prepared for queues.
- Parking tickets for the Royal Durban Golf Course have to be pre-purchased. There is a limited number of parking tickets that go on sale and cannot be purchased on the day. Call 031 314 1631 for parking ticket purchase info.
- Accommodation packages and VIP Hospitality tickets for the Durban July are snapped up early so we suggest you book them as soon as you can. Visit our shop to purchase these now.
- Get to Greyville Racecourse early to avoid sitting in heavy traffic. View directions to Greyville Racecourse and Golf Course Parking Rules here.
- The racetrack is strictly out of bounds at all times. Use the tunnels under the racetrack to get to the other side. There are two tunnels – one just after the Winning Post and one near the 300-metre mark, adjacent to DLI Avenue. Both tunnels will remain open throughout the entire race meeting.
- Make sure you are at your selected viewing position for the main Vodacom Durban July event well before the race.
An overview of the Race Day
- There are various fashion show competitions on the go from around 9h30 to 3pm.
- The first race of the day kicks off just after 11am. 6 races are run prior to the main Vodacom Durban July Race which starts around 4h20pm. There are another 5 races thereafter.
- The event will close at 11pm.